Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Such A Good, Good Day

"..Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure, in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders." Deuteronomy 33:12

I stole the verse from Proverbs 31 devotional today...for it "where" I was today. I rested between his shoulder. A lovely place to be.

I had my mammogram/ultrasound today. The "lumps" turned out to be the tops my ribs. I've lost a bit of weight, so that unusual lump was right on...however, it was not 'lumps' at all. Praise the good Lord today - I needed that news.
Ribs - they are a good thing. Both in our bodies and on our plates at a summer bbq. (beef or pork ribs that is).

I was able to go out to lunch with not one but two friends today. Delightful time. A good bowl of soup without the metallic taste in my mouth and lots and lots of loud laughter and a great time of sharing our hearts. How good that felt.

I came home and still had energy. I grabbed Coco and off we headed for Hobby Lobby. We had to see what was going on there. We ran into Kevin from NP - such a delightful guy. Always a good word and easy to visit with.

I just wanted you to know those prayers that God puts into his storehouse - He hears, he listens, his ever present heart is with us. I am loved; I am provided for; I have wonderful doctors and nurses - available and at the ready....let me tell you just how ready!

Marcia (nurse)was having difficulty drawing blood from my port (sorry, graphic) on Tuesday. After years of going to the infusion center, I understand nurses take it very personally when needles do not work when and how they should. They WILL win or else. She told me to cough, I coughed. She said, laugh - hearty fake laugh, nothing. Ok, lean forward slightly. I did that. Nothing. She said I'm getting something else. When she came back, I decided to help her out, so I "leaned forward". She said, as she pushed me back into the chair, "lean back and just relax!!!" We all laughed - very loudly. She was so embarrassed...she apologized, however, it worked, my blood just poured into the tube. Jim came late on Tuesday and suggested she "committed assault and battery on his wife"....she said, well, not battery, assault maybe. : ) Whatever works. I just have to remember to sit back and relax. I shall and I do. I'm in great hands. These angels of mercy.

Have a good rest of the week in your world. Prayer is MIGHTY and powerful. Please continue to pray for all you have promised your prayers to. Intercessory prayer is amazing grace to all of us.

love you Kathryn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...I have to say this....we're sisters right?....I don't remember you as the "funny" guy. Oh occasionally...like when you backed the car out of the driveway and left a hole the size of Rhode Island in the neighbor's car. But I like the fact you've really gotten good at some one liners. I don't mind playin' second fiddle.
Love, Teresa

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had such good news (no lumps) and had such a wonderful day getting out and about!!! When school gets out we'll need to make a brunch date ( or lunch date)!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Kathryn, you are like my vegetable garden -- I go away for a few days and when I come back you have about five new posts! Thank you for keeping us informed (and delightfully so), and a hearty PRAISE THE LORD! for that mammo report! Wish I could loan you my spare 20 pounds! What am I saying -- loan? I'd *give* my extra 20 pounds to you! I'm also very glad you got to enjoy a lunch date with friends. Makes me smile. As far as the one-liners Teresa mentioned, I have to say you are probably the Henny Youngman of the chemo ward! Laughter really is the best medicine.

Love you,
Lisa V.