Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rough Waters

Save for the intense fatigue, Chemo: Round 4 reminds me of a little ferry ride from Point Judith to Block Island, RI. Everything looked so good, the waters out of Point Judith, smooth as glass. Then we hit the Atlantic and it hit us with a vengence. Gilligan's little crew didn't have it as rough as we did that fall day in 1984.
I took a good dose of B12 yesterday and am waiting for that Popeye energy blast. Perhaps I should have had a can of spinach too.
My brother is recovering from open heart surgery. The ablation hasn't taken affect yet, so he is suffering with atrial fib. Those who have this problem or have had it understand that "galloping horse" sensation. "Be still (or calm!) my heart.". He is quietly celebrating his 62nd birthday.
I will get back to wedding story. Just not today.
God bless you all who keep up with us on this journey...blessings on you for your prayers and for your love and care.
love, kathryn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are full of energy soon. My friend, Susan, who has had cancer, told me to tell you, not to be too concerned about the future treatments being exacting like you'd planned. If you need to back away there's other ways. She had the severe nausea too...she had to change medicines to finally be able to cope. I know you've talked about that...so maybe you and your docs will find the right combo.

kathryn said...

I had to give up thinking I was a failure in this treatment. There is no failure, no "weenies". I took 4 treatments of a very difficult drug. I am not a "weenie".
Like all things, there are options and Dr. C wants me to Live my life as fully as possible. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am gearing up for Thur or Friday when I usually feel better. Thank you.