Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Bit Like Cape Canaveral...

No chemo today. My counts were "critically" low. A bummer. How I like staying on schedule - I do not know a soul at the center who doesn't want to "stay on schedule". Neupogen today and tomorrow. I hope my body is ready to go on Thursday morning. Yes, a disappointing day, but Peggy was there to hold my hand and that was comforting to me : ) Jim was also there --- he was eating lunch when we got the news...he is ever ready to load up the car. He is one of the good guys...he wears a white hat. He goes for a stress test tomorrow at the heart hospital. Praying that all goes well.

My favorite quote:
Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some kind of battle."

Good night from Albuquerque, love kathryn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Be kinder than you need to be..." I love your quote. I saw that in action at the Cancer Center when you went around hugging the other patients before you left, leaving smiles in your trail. :-) Peggy

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Kathryn. I know you were counting on staying on the Tuesday schedule. Sorry it is so tough. Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought this was going to happen. I hope you can resume on Thursday. Jim is in my prayers too. Love, Teresa