Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Little Hydration Dear


I woke up Saturday feeling pretty good, however, I had this sense of having two bodies. One that is functioning and the other is like shadow that likes to go very slow. Ruthie and I sat on the patio and drank our morning coffee and morning chatter. She picked up a funky pink dress at a local shop and we decided it was a must wear yesterday. We decided to take a little run to TJ Maxx ("a very little run".) I felt fine.
We went out to the ever lovely El Pinto restaurant in the valley. Perfect late afternoon for sitting outdoors and enjoy the scenery, cute waiter and delicious food. R went into melt down...she's a TexMex girl. Not quite used to the depth of flavor of Hatch chili : )
We took a few photos and headed for the car. I was still feeling very disassociated. One of Dr. Clark's nurses said if I was still feeling "odd" to go to the ER. I did that. My heart rate was too fast for me. After a few easy tests, my heart was fine, but I did need some hydration. Sometimes, no matter how much you drink - I feel I'm drowning some days in fluids, chemo wins out and leaves you dehydrated. I had 1-l/2 bags of fluid and finally felt myself coming back together again. NOW...I know when I'm feeling like two separate people, I need go get fluids - immediately. Everyone at the ER was "top drawer" last night. Compassionate and professional - doing just exactly the right thing. I love that and have enough of some of the crazier aspects of the ER (rare, but it happens...check with Molly).
Having a wonderful, soul restoring visit with dear Ruthie. We laugh, we cry and we giggle and have such a great time. So very thankful she was able to make this trip. We've known each other since 1974 - though miles have separated us, we are joined in heart. God gave her to me all those years ago and knit our hearts together during a life shattering event. The rest, as they say, is history. God is good at friendships...and knowing who we need for our "whole lives".
Jim has a terrible sore throat. No fever; believe allergies have caught up with him. We're taking a long deserved rest today. We are worshipping here this morning. Thank you for communion that was delivered this morning. Jesus you are King of Kings and Lord of Lords. We praise you for loving us and caring for our all of needs today.
much love, kathryn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I finally know what Ruthie looks like after hearing about your friendship for all these years! Beautiful! What a wonderful picture of you two in one of my favorite places. I'm so glad she was able to visit, and I'm so glad you went to the ER!! Hope you all got a good rest today. And hearing about communion being delivered reminds me of when Jeff and I took communion to someone in a nursing home in Albuquerque ... :-) You know that story!

Here's to good friends and good stories!
Love,
Lisa

Moma said...

Kathryn,

Lois Schultz is my dear friend and she introduced me to you via your blog, thank you so much for sharing, I feel like I have been invited to the Mount of Olives to sit with you at His feet and hear Him speak through you, this is a Holy place where you are and have invited others to join you.

Kathleen Hagan
Nashville, TN

Anonymous said...

Kathleen,
Thank you for your beautiful note. It means a lot to hear from people I know and love and then hearing from people I do not know personally, especially lifts my spirits.
God bless you!
kathryn