Friday, May 14, 2010

It Made Me Smile....

Last year, we had to buy a new washer. When it was delivered, the delivery guy accidentally ripped the vinyl flooring. Aw shucks. We had wanted a new floor and just couldn't justify it with other expenses. However, since Sears delivered, they were responsible and contributed to our new floor.
We finally decided to get this job completed and this time, as my brother in law says, it was time to "write a check". Jim didn't have the time or the energy to lay tile in the entry, kitchen and laundry room. This made us a bit nervous as Jim does a great job of tiling and we know he will show up for the job.
Well, writing a check was well worth it. A job well done and completed in 2 l/2 days. Jim is putting up new baseboard and will have that finished tomorrow. The painting will follow.
I was having a slow morning and came out about noon to see the finished project. Our tile guy has been through similar life experiences. His daughter will have another surgery in CO next week; his wife had thyroid cancer several years ago. He couldn't be a day over 30.
As he was leaving, he reached out and hugged my neck. I thought, now how many people hug their tile guy? He's one of the good guys. He is personable, has a strong work ethic, loves his little family and cares about the people he is working for. I've never hugged a refrigerator repair man or the dishwasher repair guy - never crossed my mind. He reminds me of Dain; it just seemed to fit.
A side note. I made dinner for us tonight. That felt good as well. Tomorrow, my acupuncturist will work with my hands and help me with the neuropathy.
Jeff, I hope you enjoyed your "Dump Cake". It was good to hear you were up and baking yesterday.
Good night to all,
love kathryn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathryn, Good Morning! Weather in AZ sounds better than AR right now. We are in the mist of two days of severe thunderstorms … of course that happens to be a Sat and Sun! Nevertheless, I enjoyed watching the lighting this morning with a good cup of Kona coffee as the sun rose and washed out the black background. Prior to the sun’s appearance, the storm simply dominated all I could sense … wind, rain, lighting and thunder. Despite our intellect and experience, it humbling to see the sun come up and shed its light to show us clearly what we know is already there, but feel much more assured when we can actually see the horizon. I am thankful there is a Son for you and each of us! Please keep blogging … we are all blessed who get to share your journey and insight. Love - matthew

Pat Fuller said...

Thank you, friend, for sharing your thoughts with us...I thoroughly enjoy reading about the little things in your life that catch your attention! Keep blogging b/c it allows me to know you better and what a blessing that is!