Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Friend's Mom...

My Spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way. Psalm 142:3
Josie Plunk was diagnosed with colorectal cancer, metastasized to her lung and brain (4 tumors). Her daughter, Amy, was a student worker when I worked at Freed-Hardeman. Josie knew she was not feeling well over the weekend and suspected a stroke. This was not even remotely suspected. Josie lives near Jackson TN and will be receiving treatment in Jackson until they can move her to MD Anderson, Houston. Her situation is grave. Josie is a not only beautiful on the outside, but lovely on the inside as well. Please remember her and her precious family.
I should not have one complaint. Fatigue continues. The nurse said the neupogen will help in building up my blood; for now, I am resting.
When I have a moment, I am working on some bags for summer. They are pretty cute. I just cannot sit for hours on end and do what I like to do.
A lovely day here in Albuquerque. No winds, no heat - perfect. I am banned from the sun, so enjoy it as it streams through my window.
Asking for God's special miracle for Josie.
Asking for God to bless and keep the Plunk family today and everyday.
love kathryn

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am just now getting to read your blog. Thank you so much for sharing your journey. Know that you are in my prayers.
Amy