Friday, July 16, 2010

Tozer...

I just read this...I think it's valuable, no matter if your life is going by with ease or with struggles. A. W. Tozer's words still ring true to me....
"A real Christian is an odd number anyway. He feels supreme love for One who he has never seen, talks familiarly every day to Someone he cannot see, expect to go to heaven on the virtue of Another, empties himself in order to be full, admits he is wrong so he can be declared right, goes down in order to get up, is strongest when he is weakest, richest when he is poorest, and happiest when he feels worst. He dies so he can live, forsakes in order to have, gives away so he can keep, sees the invisible, hears the inaudible, and knows that which passeth knowledge. What a way to live."
Above all things, guard your heart (your thoughts).....and think about A.W. Tozer's words.
Thank you, Mr. Tozer, I needed that.
love kathryn

(sorry two posting in one day is over the top - however, it is my journal!

3 comments:

Dan said...

was this quote from Tozer's "Pursuit of God"? I have read that book many times and always retain something different. it is so marked up now I should get a new copy and start over. love ya, Dan

PS see ya next week!

Anonymous said...

Hey Alien, Sorry it’s been a bit, but you and Jim have remained constant in our prayers and thoughts. It seems wrong somehow to draw strength from someone battling in the mist of such an unknown struggle, but yet I am always lifted up after spending time on your blog. The quote from Tozer’s is pretty powerful … for me it kinda of hits me between the eyes as an indictment of my struggle to be successful in this world. The quote is clear and concise … the relationship to God and mankind clean and simply. I just fail daily on the execution! So, I will continue to rely on God’s infinite Grace and folks like you to help me see that the struggle is part of our growth. The daily challenge opens small windows where we witness God’s active presence and can know we walk not alone. So thanks so much for your perseverance, not only with the cancer, but with all the unknowns associated with your treatment. Like you … I will try to “Hasten Slowly” and “Be Still” … so that I can know God. Love you - matthew

H. Edmond Roberson said...

Kathryn...thanks for writing this blog. It is a blessing to me and I suspect to all others who read it.
Blessings,
Hoyt