Tuesday, July 20, 2010

After the Storm...

Yes, if you wondered, I have had a couple of those dark nights of the soul days. Not many, I'm grateful. Yesterday was one of those days. Waiting is hard work. Wondering if your case has become too much of a burden for the doctors, things get overblown in your mind; God seems incredibly far away - yet who else knows your needs better than our Father?. I read the Psalms of David and know we share with a man from long ago....tears on your pillow, aching to the depths of your soul. I like action. I want to be proactive in this battle. Yesterday --the storm struck deep.
Fortunately, like any storm; this storm passed. When it passes, I felt the same sensation I feel after a spring storm. There is order that comes following a storm. Everything is washed clean. Tears like rain clean the dust and cobwebs and put things back in order. I think those tears soften my heart. Thank God for those tears. They are healthy.
Today, Dr. Clark found out the pharmacologist he wanted to consult with is now with Mayo Clinic. Dr. C. spoke with the pharmacolgist's research assistant today. They scheduled a consult for tomorrow morning. I will probably not hear anything until the end of the day. We are looking for another drug or perhaps a clinical trial so I can continue my treatments.
I am feeling much better after my recent hospitalization. I still have days that I'm quite tired, but I am walking the yard and getting out more.
On a funny note today, I had just sat down for hydration at the cancer center today. Someone burped - very loudly. Everyone chuckled...the lady sitting next to me, after a long pause, said, "Bless you". We all laughed. I told her that was quite appropriate. I enjoy the humor and the way people share their lives and stories. It lifts all of us up. I appreciate the honesty. Not much hiding goes on there. I love the laughter most of all....we all share a very difficult journey, but there is always room for laughter.
My sister and brother in law are coming tomorrow morning. I hope they can get out and enjoy the sights. We are glad they are coming.
Prayers are going out to my very special Aunt Irene. She is in the hospital in Wichita. She's been ill for quite a while and a lot of tests are being run. My mom is staying with her tonight. Praying her doctors will find out what is wrong and help with her pain. These are the pioneer women...these 4 sisters. They love God, serve him every single day and love one another. They are all very different in personality, and together, they are funny, and quite a power house. They all make our lives richer. Get Well, Aunt Irene, I love you.
Enough. Again, your prayers are always welcomed and believe me, your prayers keep me strong and keep me centered. They are powerful. God's Spirit is delivering. Continue in prayer for all things. God loves hearing from you.
So do I!
love, kathryn

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Jim and I pray daily for you. Thinking of you often inbetween