Wednesday, July 21, 2010

...enough to make a grown woman cry in public...

I just read this verse and must insert it here...how fitting. From God's heart to mine: "When they walk through the Valley of Weeping, it will become a place of refreshing springs, where pools of blessing collect after the rains!" Ps. 84:6
Teresa & Dan arrived this morning. We had a visit around the old kitchen table and headed out for Old Town. Agenda item #1. Lunch. Very good lunch at the Church Street Cafe. While we were there I received a call from Dr. Clark's nurse. Dr. Clark had his conference call before he headed out for a few days of well deserved rest and relaxation. It was determined I WILL have more chemo. It was enough to make me burst into tears. 18 days in the hospital and 4 more weeks of wondering what was coming next. Would I be told "no more chemo? or would I be told I could receive another drug?" Where would I go if I needed to do a clinical trial? And on and on and on.
These private wrestling with God, the tears, the seemingly calm days when inside I knew a storm was brewing...is it the right time Lord? Are you listening? What is the answer? I have been through enough things to know affirmative answers are not because God is a Santa Claus, just handing out things we decided we wanted from the Sears catalog. God is all knowing, always giving us GOOD gifts...which means to me, appropriate gifts in his will and in his own time.
What I know today: We will begin slowly, with a reduced dosage and I will be watched very closely. I've kept a lengthy and complete medical journal to date and will continue that. It was very helpful when I became to ill to look back and see what all was going on - as chemo brain doesn't not always assist in the best ways.
Dan and Teresa said "she's running on adrenalin today". I am and it felt good and I will sleep well tonight. I'm the woman on the sofa this evening.
My aunt's health situation has not been clearly established, but they are talking about acute leukemia. We are praying so for this incredible Christian servant who we love and care so for and for her family and my mom who lives close by.
Your prayers are greater than gold. I am so very blessed. I'm so thankful Dan and Teresa were here today. That too is a gift from God.
Love kathryn

7 comments:

joyce said...

Cry all you need to...and cleanse yourself. This has been quite a journey for you Kathryn and you can feel and express everything you need too. I am so sad to read about your
Aunt Irene. I know it breaks your heart. our prayers go up for you all!

Anonymous said...

I just checked in with your blog tonight and overjoyed to see the news that they will try something else. Of course, you may be healed already! But I know this was news you wanted to hear and I am thankful. Also thankful that you felt like going to Old Town with Teresa and Dan. I thought of you today when my sister was breaking half-runner beans she got at a farmer's stand. I shucked corn. So happy for your news.
Love you,
Lisa V

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your visit with your sister and brother-in-law... as you rest up for the next steps. I know this is what you've been hoping for. I am praising God for continued answers to so many prayer... in so many ways and always just the way we need! I will be praying for your Aunt Irene too. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Dan and Teresa are able to be there with you. It's good to have loved ones there to share everything...good and bad. Happy that you now know a course of action! It's got to be so hard to just wait and feel like you are doing nothing. However, everyone has been doing something...praying. You are still in our prayers here in Newton and will continue to be. Love, Glenda

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kathryn-
This is the first time I've seen your blog--thank you for sharing your faith through these trials. I will keep you in my prayers, always amazed at the strength available to us through our Father!
Love,
Debra Durnin

Kay said...

Kathryn. Mixed emotions here. Yeah.. they are going to try something else. Oh no.. Not that again. Tough isn't it. So much going on in our family. Keep positive. WE have our prayers going up on your behalf.
Love ya 'cuz
Kay

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful you got the news you've be waiting so patiently for ... "Hasten Slowly" I believe was the quote - :-)! I pray that God will continue to especially watch over you, comfort you, strenghten you and surround you with the people you need to heal you completely ... body and soul. love you - matthew