Wednesday, December 22, 2010

These Boots Are Made For Walking....Walking......not Falling

“Alice falls down the rabbit hole and her dress poofs up like a parachute.
Alice: Well, after this I should think nothing of falling down stairs.”
Yes, I fell down on Sunday.  My boots simply didn't want to grip onto the linoleum floor beneath me.  Off I went, banging my head on the wooden part of the back of the pew.  I hit my hand and leg - leaving some small bruises.  God had it all set up....3 nurses were right around me.  You do realize you must go to the ER.  The week before we had called the EMTs.  They were the same crowd.  How to convince these people I am not a frequent flyer??
I did have some takers on my boots.  They are pretty cute and I got them at a steal so that makes them cuter still.
An all day in the ER found me rattled up a bit, but nothing serious.  Anemia was discovered - ah! the fatigue is caused by chemo and anemia.  More tests are being run this week.  I swallowed a pill for a sitz marker study.  Full of white, little elastic bands.  Very tiny rubber bands - all in white.  I got 3 times for xrays to see what is up with this non functioning large colon of mine.
A lazy day for me and the dogs.  We needed one.  I am hoping to get a call to come in for acupuncture.  I will probably have to wait for my real appt on Thursday.
Why do I keep hearing "the theater, theater" running through this rather tangled brain of mine?  Explanations welcome.  Be sure and say, "theater" with a rather barmy English accent.
Is that "Funny Girl?"  I don't remember.
Happy December 22.
love to all, kathryn
 
King of Kings and Lord of Lords!  His name be praised - today and forever.
 

2 comments:

books4kids said...

Hello, Kathryn. It is good to read the spirit with which you are facing this situation. I just recently lost a very good friend to pancreatic cancer. Her attitude through the whole thing was one of joy in our Savior. She was originally diagnosed in March of 2008. She chose not to undergo any treatments. In three months there was no longer any sign of the cancer in her blood tests. The doctors felt that the cancer was gone. However, earlier this year she told me that she believed that her time on this earth was short, but that she was going to face it with joy. Sure enough, in August the blood test indicated that the cancer was back. Every day she found joy in life, even at the end when she was in so much pain and could hardly breathe. She left this life on veteran's day. I greatly miss her, but she left behind a legacy that is remarkable, simply by focusing on the joy of our God.
Know that you are in my prayers, Kathryn. I will pray for healing, but most of all, I will pray that the Spirit will continue to lift your spirit and shine the light on the goodness of our God.
I love you. DeAnna Willman

Anonymous said...

"The theatre -- the theatre --what's happend to the theatre??"
That's Danny Kaye in "White Christmas!" From the number about how they are no longer dancing but doing choreography.

You can say you were just "doing choreography" during meet and greet at church.
Love ya,
Lisa