Sunday, April 25, 2010

So Grateful

Chuck walked 3 times today. He may still be making loops around the nurses station, who knows?
My dear "old" friend, Mike, drove me back to Oklahoma City this afternoon. A million thanks - for the talk and the laughter.
Leaving Kansas Medical Center, reminded me of the way Garrison Keillor described an evening good bye in Lake Wobegon. Good bye hugs in Chuck's room, good bye hugs in the hall, good bye hugs in the waiting room, good bye hugs at the front door of the hospital. I like that...reminds me of Kansas good bye's.
Though it was a very serious time for Chuck and his family, we had a wonderful time catching up, ministering to one another through talk and laughter. I think of the silent prayers said through out the halls and in Chuck's room. I know his daughter's prayed over him before his surgery - and I think of all of the prayers that were offered on his behalf because of each one of you. We thank you...we are humbled and grateful as we are each day.
Chuck was to be moved to a regular room tonight. I'm not sure if that happened or not, as they had to wait for an opening.
My heart if full and overflowing. To see my family and dear family friends is better than any medication. My hugometer is full and overflowing; I can wade it in for months to come.
For Chuck, it was something he will ponder for a long time. One minute you are fine - the next someone is cutting open your sternum, designing pathways in your heart created from a vein from his very own leg. All of these unanswered questions he's had about his health: answered. Amen.
As for me, I'll be traveling home tomorrow. Round 4 is Tuesday and I will finish my novella...the wedding story sometime this week.
We celebrated 32 years on April 24, Saturday. Jim was home chasing around two dogs and I was in Kansas with my family. That's sounds like a normal wedding anniversary for us. We will make it to The Grove....no matter the date. I love you, Jim. Thank you for allowing me to come and for all that you for me every single day.
Thank you to each one of you.
"He knows the way that I take." Job 23:10.
love to all, kathryn
Tatum, I know you are so glad to see your mommy again. I know there were many hugs at that home as well. : )

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Praying for you, Kathryn. What a dear you are! Remembering how you blessed our lives many many years ago. Glad to find your blog but sorry about the circumstances. My mother-in-law is in her 6th year of fighting ovarian cancer and her blog is johns'wife. You would love her. Love to all! Cindy

Enjoying your novella!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord for answered prayers! I am thinking of you today and praying for you, the nurses, the doctors, positive benefits of the drugs chosen to help you in this battle, Jim and Molly... and for everything else that only God knows you need.
Looking forward to your next novella installment!
Love you,
Debbie