Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Monday: The Rockies Wednesday: The Recliner

Yes, I sat by the window in my wheel chair overlooking a wide expanse of the Rocky Mountains. Is there anything better? Ok, I'm an ocean girl...so the Pacific or Atlantic would work too...but it was incredibly beautiful. Snow capped mountains and the sun shine creating it's perfect magic on those peaks.....fine.
I was back in the driver's seat today. The neupogen did it's work. I'm home with my fanny pack of 5-FU. I'll go back for chemo on Tuesdays. I'm glad, I love my friends there. Two days prior to chemo, I will go in for shots of neupogen. One on Sunday morning, one on Monday morning. Then chemo. Then Dr. Clark and I will discuss how things are going. Jenny I so appreciate how you talked to me how to get through to this extremely brilliant oncologist. I owe you. Cannot afford you, but so owe you. Thank you.
Just very tired which goes with the territory.
So thankful for the feast of family and friends prior to this round. It is like running through one of those Kansas wheatfields. Pure love, pure light, breeze in my hair and God bouncing off of every golden grain of wheat. Home: yes, Martha, it's a good, good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathryn,

One of the blessings of this is that some of us get to know you in a way that would never, ever been possible without the Didn't see this coming Blog and the related illness and treatment.

So for that I am thankful. And for you.

Bill Estes