Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mama Said, Mama Said There Would Be Days Like This

No chemo for this ol' gal today. My counts were too low. They were low at mid treatment, so this isn't a surprise...however, I do like keeping my schedule. It's not about keeping schedules, it's about doing things right. However....
I had my shot of neupogen (build up those white cells) and will go back in the morning to see if I can have chemo tomorrow.
As of this moment - I'm in bed. My trip to Kansas/Oklahoma was such a lift. Now I will take advantage of this time to sleep. (and no, traveling didn't cause this, it's just what part of this process).
Continue to pray I can stay on my drugs as they stand right now.
Many funny stories this week-end. Everyone I encounter says, "oh, is it getting colder outside?" One person told me he 'went to the "Y" (and I assumed he was a swimmer) and his ears hurt as he left the "Y" and then wondered if that was why I was wearing ear muffs. I told him no I took a drug that made me very cold. I did toss in he might try some ear plugs. May as well be a diagnostician while I was waiting to pay for my food.
I was in the Denver airport and decided to eat a bagel. I saw her take it from the cooler. I asked her if she would mind heating it for me as I could not eat it cold. She had a toaster and heated it for me. I asked for two little rounds of cream cheese. When I picked them up, they were cool. I thought, I'll put them in my front jean pockets to "heat them up a bit". I went back and sat down....and suddenly, I had these cold circles penetrating my hip bones....which went straight down my legs and to my butt. It was 40 degrees in Denver and the cool air was coming in from all of the open areas to the planes. I was muttering all the while, you idiot, what were you thinking?? Putting cold Philadelphia cream cheese packages in your pockets?!?
That's it for now. Good night for the day. : )
love to you all and again, your prayers are such an amazing and powerful gift. Never think for a moment your prayers as you are "going along" are missed by Him.
Psalm 56.
kathryn