Friday, August 27, 2010

Late Friday Afternoon

Liver scan - all is well. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

I should have added in the last blog - the person I mentioned (blog) is the mother of dear friends during our time in Augusta GA. Praying for you and for your family today and everyday.

I've been reading and meditating for several months on "living in the moment". Illness may be troubling and difficult, but there are these jewels, these things that open your heart and eyes for this person who suffers with severe multi-taskingitis - like learning to pay attention 'to the moment'.

So I'll close with a partial poem: (thanks to Kathleen Norris)
I rub the dark hollow of the bowl
with garlic, near to the fire enough
so that fire reflects on the wood,
a reverie that holds emptiness
in high regard.
--margaret gibson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! So glad to hear the scan is normal!

Love,
Lisa