Saturday, September 4, 2010

While We Were Sleeping.....

I check our one zucchini plant(yes, one zucchini and one yellow squash plant) every morning. Yesterday, I didn't see anything; perhaps that eye exam is more necessary than I was thinking...for this morning, I saw this! This baby weighed in at 9 pounds and is 19 inches long. It's Mrs. Green Thumb's baby. Photo below. Perfect stem, perfect color and shape - just the right size to carve out a sailboat. The only place it could possibly sail would be on the Dead Sea.
Things have been quiet. On the health front - blood counts "perfect". Just the normal 'pins and needles' and numbness but am still upright, trying to remember my feet need a little vacation.
Football season is here. I miss the days of being able to watch the marching bands (looking for anyone turning the wrong direction). Now days it's just beer or Taco Bell commercials. A little marching would be a nice break.
On another note, read Nehemiah 9. It quite possibly could change the way you think about praying. Nehemiah knew God's heart....he knew God was above him yet he knew God stood beside him, went before him and was most certainly right in the moment with Nehemiah.
It's been rather an upside down week in my thought world. Nehemiah was next on my reading list. I've read it all week. (yes, I do skim those names).
While you are sleeping - those of you with gardens may be already producing your own green giants.
Love to you all, kathryn

2 comments:

Ron Eppes said...

You can use those big ones by slicing them up and grilling them, one of my favorite ways to eat zuccini!

jeffrey said...

who says size doesn't matter