Monday, August 9, 2010

Stop Counting.....

Hair.
I've thought a lot about it today...as I keep running my hand around the sink, this hair o' mine is heading down the drain.
Of course, we can all (well, some of us can go back in time) to "Hair"...give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair...you children of the 60s - I'm handing it off here...you are able to finish the song...
How our hair defines us. In my case, I have enough hair stories to fill a book. Having lived in a multiple places, the biggest stress upon landing in a new land...who will I trust my hair to? Even my own hands have done some pretty evil things to these locks of mine. The burgundy: a strong memory. When a room full of preschoolers run up and shout, "We LOVE your purple hair, Miss Kathryn!". Though they were thrilled - it was not my look.
In this time of giving up all of my control (thank you Amy Grant); I got it. God is my hairdresser. God is at work. He numbers the hairs on my head; he is able to keep up with the numbering. I can get out of the way. I am in the hands of a master hairdresser. Another temporary matter to set aside....but I will continue to fluff and pouf - as long as I have a something to fluff and pouf!
(to think; I spent over 2 years "helping" my hair "go gray"....I think the joke is on me!....'gray hair is splendorous; so is gray, thinning hair : )
kathryn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about what your hair will be like when it returns? Maybe thickerer and darker or lighter and straight? That would be interesting. God is your hairdresser. Bless you! Take care!
Love, Teresa

Anonymous said...

I remember the purple hair! As I sit here with tears burning my eyes from reading your blog, I got a good laugh out of that memory! I remember your face and I remember you saying I think it's a good color for me....what color should I try next? haha

Rema