Monday, August 2, 2010

Gone From Our Presence, But Forever In His

Here are some comments from family....I would never pretend to be able to post all that has and will been written and said - but i will include a few here. We are looking forward to the day when we sing with you again, Irene and share in laughter as well. There just must be laughter and joy in heaven.

Gone? I'm not sure if anyone could be any more shocked and surprised. Given the fact that this last week was filled with good visits, got to sing with her, her hand still had such a strong grip, her gaze was so intense. Now I only wish I'd spent more time with her but what we enjoyed together was so good. I'm only now waking up to the huge impact she had ... and wanted to have. Paul, Linda, Neal, Dennis and Paula, you were tremendously blessed. She would of course demure over what we've all been saying about her, but she's not here to complain about flattery. And we know it's the truth. We will all miss her smiles and laughter, her quick wit, her undeniable faith. Some of us, some of us less, but we all got to witness and be blessed by what God can do with a humble woman who loves her family, the life given to her and above all the Giver. chuck parker

Those four sisters could really bring down the house when they got tickled. I remember one year in Sulphur Springs.. they were sitting in the kitchen.. just the four of them, and they were all in their pink reunion shirts. and their laughter carried all over the entire house. Everyone kept going to see what was so funny. .. That was such a good reunion.
We are all going to miss her soooo much. Kay


She had an amazing inpact on her community - all of her communities. I will forever miss her emails and hearing her laughter. She's bound to be shouting it up with the angels on high in her brand new body.
I will so miss her emails and her laughter. I'm like that - a little bit selfish and she is happy beyond imagination. Special love to the entire Stewart family. love kathryn


I couldn't agree more. I always loved to hear Aunt Irene laugh especially with her sisters. They could really get it going. I loved it. I think my favorite Bible verse I have with my signature is always a good one to those who know and love God and to those who may be searching for God ....."God brought Irene to a spacious place because he delights in her." I hope all of us will stop and ponder what the Lord has in store for all of us. Irene would have wanted it that way. She wanted all to know Him and love Him. Teresa Killebrew
He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me. II Samuel 22:20

2 comments:

Kay said...

Absolutely OK.. That was the year I saw your Mom dance thru the living room and back to the kitchen with her sisters. YES
dancing.
Kay

Anonymous said...

It was just now when I read your email that I realized your beloved Aunt Irene had graduated. Your family's descriptions of the 4 sisters made me smile. What memories! What a gift! Am holding you all up in prayer as you grieve her absence here. -- Peggy