Monday, March 22, 2010

Oliver!

"Who will buy this wonderful morning...? (hum a few bars, it will lift your heart : ) It is incredibly beautiful this morning. Someone is building something --- I head the steady rhythm of a hammer. That's comforting to me.
If you want to read a good piece on faith today, please go to the Proverbs 31 Woman website. Micca Campbell's words are strengthening this morning. We do not know great faith until we are tested. It's not our faith; but God's great faithfulness at work in our lives. I'll put that in my bag today too.
I feel a measure of success this morning. I am wearing only a heavy robe, house shoes and one scarf. My fingers are kind of "tingling" but it's nothing I cannot cope with. I am hoping the skies stay clear and the sun warm so I can take a little walk around my block. I walked 7 times around the backyard yesterday - coat, hood, etc etc. A soaked in as much Vitamin D as possible. I also cut some stems from my lilac bush yesterday. I've never forced anything to bloom indoors -- I hope this works. I would love to see these lilacs burst forth indoors as well as out!
This is my week off, sort of. Routine blood work and a visit to my surgeon's office. I so appreciate him. Say a prayer for Dr. Brown and Dr. Dudley. They do marvelous, incredible work and make it all look so effortless. They are kind, professional and yes, even dear men. I applaud them both! A prayer of thankfulness for all of these tireless servants who tend to our "ins and outs".
I love you guys. How I'd love to look each of you in the face and draw you in for a big, long hug and a kiss on the face. May God hold you and care for you in all the ways you need today.
My theme verse: "I keep a grip on Hope." Lam 3:21b The Message
Always,
kathryn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful Teresa stayed on the phone long enough to help me get to working this "blog" thing...This computer has always been a miracle to me and this much more so. I'm thankful you chose to use it. You are in my every thought and prayer. Just hang in there tough and warm....you've always warmed my heart. Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

O.K., I've bookmarked your blog, and have caught up on your postings. It took me a few days for it to register that I wouldn't be magically notified that you'd made a new entry! I had to smile at "Oliver." (I'll explain that another time.) Prayers, kisses and great big hugs! Peggy