Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Beautiful.....

that was the the report on my blood work this morning! Marcia, my nurse, said she's never seen this before. Usually something shows up low on the report. I was thrilled and told her "I know why, that's God...many people are praying for me." So let me encourage you. God loves to hear from His children - he loves honest, fervent and constant prayers. And as one on the receiving end of this bounty - my heart overflows today. Thank you.
Winter is doing its best to hang on. Very warm at this moment, but temps will drop later today. The upside for here - moisture is always welcome.
From "Streams in the Desert 3/21 by L.B. Cowman
" "Praying through something might be defined as follows, "Praying your way into full faith; coming to the point of assurance while still praying that your prayer has been accepted and heard; and in advance of the event, with confident anticipation, actually becoming aware of having received what you asked."
Matthew 9:29
It's a red letter day here!
love to all, kathryn

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for good bloodwork! I have Streams in the Desert as well ... it's a good book that has spoken to me at some of my lowest points. Much love ... hope to see you soon!

LW said...

What wonderful news, Kathryn, and so thankful to our merciful Lord! I awoke at 4 a.m. today (not planned!) and prayed for you and Jim and Molly. I'm glad that you had some good news.

Love,
Lisa V.

Anonymous said...

I love finding your comments here or anywhere : ) I better understand "those knitting bloggers"...they write to connect and receive encouragement on their work/patterns. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

"She's never seen this before." Don't you love that? God is good! Peggy

Anonymous said...

You've been through a lot too, Kathryn. More than most people, more than me. I know you had your struggles, but you have come out on the other side. Don't think that you don't quality for the part of hero too!
I have never been a good patient. I want to get well yesterday and I don't like depending on others at all. (Which is not a good quality to have at all!)
Teresa

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear of the good blood work report! Continually praying for more good reports!
love,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

You are the first one I mention in prayer when I wake, before I rise. The second is Molly. So happy for good news now and wishing for its continuation.