Saturday, August 13, 2011

Painting, Picking Tomatoes, Reading & Enjoying the Morning

  Good Morning Purple Face!
Zinnias!


Sophie likes sleeping in the zinnia bed...she is on her way over right now.
Happy Faced Zinnias.  They love the heat - not wicked heat, but enjoy showing off in the bright sunshine.
Coco and Scout found a pallet on the den floor is the best way to stay cool.  Scout caught me, but rolled over & went back to sleep.
Jim had a morning to sleep in.  I was on the patio spending time reading and doing a little research re: Jim's situation. I read enough to make me very dangerous.  So I put it away.  We are in God's care.  Dr. L. in Phoenix is going to review Jim's latest MRI.  We are waiting to find out what type of anemia he has so he can be treated for that. Staying awake may be highly overrated in the "real world".  It's not for those dealing with major fatigue issues.
Peggy phoned to let me hear the ocean this past week.  Music to my ocean starved ears.
From my morning reading: "Learn to enjoy life more...relax, remembering that I am God with you."   My paraphrase, 'walk with childlike delight, enjoying each and every thing, say out loud, I trust you, God, I know you love me and are with me."  Though we've had some detours, valleys, bumps in the road - we do laugh a lot (most of you would state our humor is quite twisted)...but we either laugh or fall into a dark place.  Laughter IS the best medicine.  We are planning a get away very soon and are looking forward to a different view - which always leads me to a different viewpoint. 
Though there are still moments we stub our toes, lose perspective and get way ahead of God, we come back in thankfulness for all He is doing in our lives.  We are in the potter's hands.  I think there have been many re-do's on this piece of clay.  One day I will get to see it and be so very amazed at what He has created from a single lump of clay.  To quote "Mercy Me" - I can only imagine. 
Meanwhile...tomatoes are coming on.  We indulged in fried green tomatoes.  Yummy!  The eggplants are full of beautiful lavender blooms and the large sunflower plants are reaching ever upward.  Looking for that brilliant summer sun.
"God comforts us not to make us comfortable, but to make us comforters."
                                                      ***from Streams in the Desert"
..."I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land...let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you."  from Psalms 143
I cannot believe it's time to returned to school.  I'm sure school teachers/administrators are not having has much of a problem with this as I am. : )
love on this Saturday morning,
kathryn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing. I love how you share how God is working amidst these ongoing trials (of all kinds). His ongoing grace. When all the world puts on its sour face and turns away from Love in arrogance, you can count on the Almighty Sovereign Father who loves you more than anyone and cannot be persuaded to stop. God is love and He can be counted on. You exhibit that trust in His love through your blog posts so eloquently. It is a blessing to read them. Keeping you guys in prayer, and hooray for Peggy phoning you from the shore. I shall have to do the same from my upcoming trip, Lord willing. And just think, someday we all will MEET at that beautiful shore! I love you so much.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Kathryn, I just caught up on all your posts. Beautiful pictures! Beautiful ponderings! Beautiful words! I do love you so :-). Peggy