Monday, August 15, 2011

E.N.T. Visit...

Dr. H saw Jim this a.m.  He is sending him for a balance test and to a Dr who will examine his vocal chords.  As for the BAER test.  The reason Dr. H said this test is not used, is due to the very obvious fact.  Jim wears hearing aids. A pre-hearing test must be performed before doing the BAER test or the results are skewed.  Even if you do have a hearing test, due to hearing loss, it may not be accurate.  He said, right now you do not need to see anyone in the neurology field.  "Good night! they will mess with your brain!!" (he's a funny guy and intelligent).  We are still waiting on the results of the blood work done last Friday.  Hopefully, we will know what has caused the anemia. 
So we just have had some good news.  And we praise the Lord for this appointment (that everyone insisted he must have) and for the follow up appointments/tests. 
I just read from Henri Nouwen's readings on solitude and poverty.  Poverty stopped me in my tracks.  Our language is limited - it's a great language, but there are deeper meanings to our words and clarification is welcome.
"Poverty is where we experience our own and other people's weakness, limitations, and need for support.   To be poor without success, without fame and without power.  But there God chooses His love...".  Jesus says, Come to me all you who are heavy laden and I will give you rest.  When we hide ourselves in Christ, though we are burdened and many times in despair, he sends His own Spirit to comfort us and sort things out - if we are listening to His word.  I get myself in such a tangle.  The wires from my head and my heart get so twisted, they short out, shutting down power. The power is never of my own making, but I can short circuit the Power.  God comes in with new fuses and fresh wires (I love all of the colors of those wires) and rewires my entire system.  He gently, but with firmness in His voice, states these words (my paraphrase).
 "You, Kathryn, must be convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all of My creation, will separate you, Kathryn, from my (overwhelming) love. This river of love flows from my Son, Your Savior, Kathryn, Christ Jesus, Your Lord."
We believe we are on the right path.  Our paths sometimes swerve in all directions, but this sounds very promising to us.
We love you!
kathryn
(for readers...I should have edited better.  I had other things on my mind.  I hope the corrections make better sense).

No comments: