Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Post Chemo Stuff....A Good Day

Ok, it's me. I'm doing well today. This was a long day as I saw Dr. Clark then had hydration and chemo. Hydration (saline) is wonderful. Chemo drugs are drying. I talked to another patient as she has the same problem. We're just dry (we can sing a few bars...how dry I am, how dry I am). I'm thirsty all of the time and drink all of the time. I said if only we could sit in a full tub of water and just drain it all of that water right into us. If only. So we drink and drink and drink and then ask kindly for a bag of saline. ahhh. Our trip to the tub. Sweet relief for a while.
It was a full house when I arrived at noon. There were 2 chairs left in the infusion center. Pray for these people. Some are there for different disorders; receiving infusions for different things. So many battles; so many personalities; so many, many dear and precious people.
My sitting partner was with me again today. Peggy and I closed down our room...I was the last one out. We laugh and have such a good time. If you should want to stop by at 10:00 next Tuesday - come on by. We can drag up a chair.
Yesterday was a dose of reality. It wasn't really to whine, it was a time to state reality to myself. And I think I've very, VERY, fortunate. I see a lot; I hear a lot. I am a walking example of the power of prayer --- not because of me...not at all....but because of HIM. Because of YOUR prayers. "Because of who YOU are (God)". I know I am doing as well as I am because of God's power, Your prayers and thoughts and desires.
Please walk on the beach for me and drink in all of that salty air on the beach in NC. That is holy ground to me. I feel closest to God while walking the beach, listening to the waves, drinking in the beauty and vastness of the sea, the warm sand on my feet...the weight of the sand, watching the ocean birds and watching the sea grass waving in the wind. (this is to Bill and Donna). Say hello to the Wright Bros : ) And enjoy all of that seafood and yourselves. A needed respite.
I miscounted somewhere along the way....perhaps missing the week I couldn't have chemo. I have one more round, and will then enjoy a two week break from chemo and neupogen. I will still have hydration and blood work - piece of cake. Ruthie said, ah! Spring Break!! Yes, only I won't be hitting Fort Lauderdale. I will rest up and get ready for round 2...and watch the beach on the Travel Channel.
God bless you....love to all, kathryn

No comments: