Friday, June 4, 2010

How To Travel With Class -- To The Cancer Center


People who know me well, know I like to have my things with me. Jim would say too many things and way too close (see the floorboard on my side of the car).

I told you about shopping at Ross a few months ago...and the "very special cart" I found. I dubbed it my Hopsing Cart (appreciation to the cook on "Pondorosa"). I thought you might want to see how I travel to the cancer center every week. Of course things change in my cart...sometimes there are more magazines, other times, it's coloring books and crayons. I even took my knitting the past two time. I only knit one time. I have to concentrate very hard now to stay within the pattern...but it's a good exercise for my brain.

Doing pretty well today. My hands and feet are bothering me; neuropathy. My acupuncturist is very conservative and there was only 24 hours between chemo and acupuncture...so no hand/foot work this week.

Just made the best biscuits I've ever eaten..and I do make some mighty fine biscuits. These are as light as a feather....and eating with a British fine cut marmalade. Yum.

I'm borrowing a little bit of a piece from Streams today (I'm reading a bit behind..this was perfection to me).

"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this." Ps 37:5

The literal meaning: "Roll your way onto Jehovah and trust upon him and He Works!" This brings out attention to the immediacy of God's action once we commit, or "roll," burdens of any kind from our hands into His." At this point it is out of our grasp, and we are not to try to do it ourselves. He is really at work on our difficulty! I wish I could share the entire reading. Key words to me:
"He Works, Now! Commit to roll it onto Him. Praise Him for his Word is True."
"I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me." Ps 57:2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want to have more details on a day at the Cancer Center with Kathryn, go to the comments on her last blog. I originally posted that last Tuesday, but it didn't "take". I just re-posted it before seeing this blog.

Peggy