Friday, May 13, 2011

Just Call Me "Ned"

Went to see my oncologist today.  Everything is looking good.  My blood work (that had come back) was very good.  "Great, great, great".  We talked about scans in the future.  The next one is in July. 
I said I want to be "NED".  Dr. Clark said, "Your are NED...Today."  Yea!!!!
NED=No Evidence of Disease.  One day is better than no days.  : )
We who have cancer know cancer is never cured.  It's always hanging about, but the goal is to keep it from becoming active.  You may say it as you wish, "NED" (no evidence of disease) or "Cancer: Inactive.  Both are correct.  What is incorrect is the word: Cured.
But I can tell you - it felt wonderful to hear that.  Made me want to jump up and down like a little kid - wheeeeeee!!!!
The downside of this day,  Jim is in the hospital having some tests run.  He had an MRI on Tuesday and it revealed some irregularities.  They are running some of those "ruling out" tests.  Your prayers are always coveted and I am asking for prayers for Jim.
I hope this find your day going well and the weather simply beautiful as well.
love kathryn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathryn, I'm thrilled to call you NED! :-) -- and am praying for Jim. I'm just now catching up on your recent blogs. They make me smile -- they make me ponder -- they touch my soul -- they ........ You're willing to be so vulnerable and I have no words to match them. Just know that I love you. Peggy

Anonymous said...

Love you NED! Will keep Jim and you in my prayers that his test results are positive.
Love - matthew