Wednesday, February 2, 2011

During and After the Storm

Tuesday: All are settled in.  Jim is working at home, Sophie is staring out the window; mesmerized by the snowfall.  It is a winter wonderland.  I do realize this vicious storm is affecting millions of people. May there be a port in every storm for all at risk.  I know I'm of the minority who loves snowfall.  I lived in New England - it was still one of the things I loved most - for we didn't receive as much as snow as you may be thinking, for we lived on an island.  Heavy snowfall is more rare than you may think (not so this year!!)
"The Thin Man" is on TMC.  William Powell and Myrna Loy were the "perfect couple, working as sleuths, no matter how many times I've seen it, it is still good. And Astor - their brilliant and perceptive dog.
 I didn't have to get up and head over to the cancer clinic today (is that good planning or what?).  I do miss "my people", but today is a good day to hang out at home.
This evening it will be time to bring out the Scrabble board (if I can stay awake) and eat some homemade soup. 
Wednesday.  Almost finished a book and did quite a bit of knitting yesterday. I found out my thyroid numbers are low as well as my Vitamin D levels.  ah HA!  I will have energy to burn once these things start doing their job.  Good news is always welcome.  It's going to be a while before I'm not jittery over "every little thing".  This helps those jitters. 
Still doing my physical therapy and have to brave the cold this afternoon.  The sun is out but I think once again, it's that deceptive sun.  "I'm here, but I'm not really putting forth much heat".  The snow is gorgeous this a.m.  The sun creates a blinding blend of beauty - there's nothing else like it.  (ok, the ocean on a summer evening tops it, but this is what we have : ) and it's lovely.
There are still many burdens on our hearts.  God knows what those burdens are.  We pray like we've never prayed.  We are learning about these attributes - faith, trust, God's time, God's surprises, that tears are gifts from God, that sometimes are prayers are nothing more than whispering the name of Jesus when words fail.  We know God knows the entire story, that he works through everything and everyone; even when we are astounded, we remember the stories of old.  We can say to one another, remember this particular story or that one?  They are like salve for our bruised souls. 
To Bev - I pray healing for your skin, your swollen legs, for another chemo or treatment to be kinder to your body and available to you.
It was good to be with everyone at Montgomery on Sunday.  Your hugs and support are precious gifts - each one of you. 
For those still having snow days, enjoy being indoors, playing games, dusting(!), cooking or reading a good book you've been waiting for time to read.
Love to all, kathryn
For today, from one of my devotionals I too bid you peace....on all levels of your life.
For the sake of my relatives and friends I will say, "Peace be within you."
For the sake of the house of the LORD our God, I will seek your good.
Psalms 122:8-9








No comments: