Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lovely and Bitterly Cold Sunday Brrrrrrr

January 2, 2011
From his fullness we have received, grace upon grace.  John 1:16

The best news of the day is found in John.  The Word spoke and creation exploded into being.  I look out the back window of our house and see hundreds of things He spoke into being.  The volcano's, pine and evergreen, pyrocantha, trees of great variety.
I look beside me, he created Coco and Scout.  I look at myself and know he created me - to be his child, to go through trials and great joys, to become a mother, to enjoy laughter and funny people and strange things that fill this earth, a person who loves to read, cook, eat, share what is running through my mind, loving others, working to understand others ideas that are different from mine and love the differences, driving, though that is on hold for a bit.   I appreciate acupuncture and receive great relief from JinLin's gentle touch. My doctors, Dr. Clark, Dr. Glass, Dr. Brown, Mindy O'Neil and nurses to numerous to name.  I love my animals, I love Jim and Molly and Dain from the depths of my heart - what a great gift.  I do not understand all of this, but am glad it was placed in my heart by God's love.  I love to garden and see the results of putting plants into the ground;; enjoy the bounty with more than enough to share....isn't that the point of gardening anyway? to share?  To watch these dogs and this weird cat and all of their antics.  To have dear friends come and stay with us.  To have a slice of my dad's great sense of humor and sharp wit.  To have my mother's hands and feet to work and do things I enjoy.  To have the love of Jesus...."deep down in my heart".  I pray it that it will be reflected in my daily life.
To you - You are so very dear and precious.  Gems that fill my heart and reflect to brightly in my life.
i love you,
kathryn



1 comment:

joyce said...

such a sweet and pure reflection Kathryn...I am so glad that you expressed these thoughts. Have you seen Secretariat? As I started to read your blog the beginning of the movie came to mind! I pray that this new week in this new year will bring you many blessings and great peace!