Friday, September 2, 2011

Square One...

The MRI was clear.  They apologized to Jim, but found nothing wrong.  It's a weird thing...you are thrilled nothing is wrong and yet something IS wrong. 
We may never know what it is.
We would like to believe it will go away as quickly as it came.
We know there are many, many people who live with chronic pain and fatigue and have never found an answer to their "why".
Jim will continue to do as much as he can do physically and rest when he's not able.  We've stretched our imaginations pretty far with all of his symptoms - we've looked up extremely rare disorders and blamed everything on "just stress".  I will tell you, first hand, knowing what you have is a walk in the park.  Even if it's serious.  It's this "not knowing" that can drive you over the edge. 
What we do want to say is thank you for your kindness, your inquiries, your prayers, cards, calls and support. 
Happy Labor Day.  Breakfast with some dear friends tomorrow...then head to Sears for a vacuum cleaner belt.  I keep burning them up.  Vacuuming should not be this much of a challenge.
love and many, many thanks,
kathryn

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Hugs to both, can't imagine how difficult this year has been for you guys. Praying for all of you daily!

Tina said...

I'll be praying that God will give you clear answers. He knows what is going on and why. Peace to you both.

Anonymous said...

Jim and Kathryn - I wish God would provide you a clear answer to your prayers. I pray alog with you. It has been almost a decade since I have struggled to find out what is wrong with me - why do I have the symptoms I have. Yet, I still have no answers. Another round of test recently and so far I have only recieved bills and more bills. It is so easy to attribute everything to stress. And, yes, I do believe stress is a contributing factor. Though not the answer. You share your frustration with not knowing and struggling with "is no news really good news?" You both continue to be in my prayers.
Cheryl